Monday, February 28, 2011

Hair Envy

I strongly suspect that one night, probably not too long from now, I will wake up to find my grandmother standing over me with a pair of gardening shears, fully prepared to take off every single inch of my hair that she can reach. Every time this woman enters the bathroom to see me doing ANYTHING at all with my hair, she makes some backhanded (obviously stemming from envy) comment. "Why are you so obsessed with your hair?!", "What is with black women and their hair?!" Blah, blah, blah. This time it was, "If you keep combing your hair all the time it's going to drop out!" My grandmother is bald. And every single one of those comments is usually followed by an enquiry about the products that I use on my hair.

Yeah, Grandma. After that, you can figure it out on your own.

...And on that note, I will be showing this week or this month's (I haven't decided yet) Hair Crush:

Chime <3



Hair envy!! Any normal person (no matter their race) would want her hair. And I definitely do! I'll be doing everything I can to get there. As of right now, the back and sides of my natural hair are just touching my shoulders, and my straightened hair, (which I'm not actually straighening, just stretching) is beginning to pass APL.

Currently, I don't have a specific hair regimen. I can give you guys the basic breakdown, but since I'm going to be trying something different very soon, it's not a final one.

Washing once a week with Kinky-Curly's Come Clean Shampoo
Conditioning once a week with Giovanni's Smooth as Silk Conditioner
Deep Conditioning with Giovanni's Smooth as Silk Conditioner mixed with Coconut Oil

and I hadn't really gotten the moisturizing and sealing thing down yet :( But I'm trying. I'm not really sure how often I should be doing it with natural hair, and what I should be using, but I'm working on it :)

I'm going to try co-washing every week(or twice a week), only shampooing once a month, and incorporating vegetable glycerin and Giovanni's Leave-in Conditoner into my regimen, and see how it goes :) I'm also looking for a protein-free deep conditioner.

I'll probably be doing a hair post once a week, and the hair crushes once a month :)

Good Luck on your Hair Journeys you guys!

  
Top: Blazer, H&M, Bodysuit, American Apparel, Jeans, Angel, Necklace, Stitches. Bottom: Prom Dress, Sirens (I think.) Pearls, Vintage.

The beginning of mine :)

Current Music: I Dream by Waldo's People (favorite song EVERRR)




No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com