Friday, February 25, 2011

Lamentations from a Former Friendship

Born Ruffians

Jan 30, 2010
I'm supposed to go hang out with my friends today and (once again) I'm late, just sitting here listening to Born Ruffians like I've got nothing to do. They're gonna pissed when I get there.

Sean is a total brainiac but a total asshole about it. He talks down to people a lot. Even me. Which I don't appreciate since I know for a fact that I'm smarter than he is. I talk about him like he's horrible and he kind of is( I think he may be something of a misogynist) but I still completely adore the guy. And he gives me piggie-back rides whenever I ask.

Matt somehow manages to be the most beautiful male in existence and he doesn't even know it. He's self-centered and whiny, but very perceptive and he has a way of saying exactly what you need to hear right when you need to hear it.

Brandon is my love. Completely amazing and not even aware of it. He's funny and sweet and totally adorable. My favorite one of the guys since he never gets moody like the other two.

Sasha is my second favorite person in the world(next to myself). I personally think that she is my soulmate. My best friend. Don't know what I'd do without her. I'd probably die.

Paige is the funniest most awesome person in the world. Probably also the most sexually open. Never stops talking about it. She makes everything more fun just by being there. If I had to describe her to someone who didn't know her I would say:guy trapped in the body of a girl in the body of a guy. Seriously, when I have a guy-related question I'm too embarassed to ask Matt, Sean or Brandon about, I ask her. 

Crap, now I'm really late.

***

Guess I didn't die.

Inspite of the obvious nostalgic themes in this post, I think that this experience was a good lesson in survival for me. If I can walk away from a person who was my best friend for six years without a backward glance, there is nothing I can't pull myself out of if I want to.

There may or may not be a few more posts like this. They won't all be so flattering. Trust me.

I think I need to get all the negativity and resentment I've harboured towards people out now so I can move into adulthood unhindered.


Current Music: In a Mirror by Born Ruffians

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com